Bio: I took my first painting lesson when I was 9 years old from an extremely accomplished painter living next door to our family in Japan where I grew up. I eventually attended Gage Academy of Art in Seattle, Washington and North Seattle Community College for my training in painting. I love figurative and narrative work. Christian themes have been the most challenging because any artist hopes to do original work but the Church has such a rich tradition of religious paintings those biblical themes often feel like clichés. But it is also deeply gratifying to go back to the Bible for inspiration. My work is in private collections in the United States, Thailand, The Netherlands and Norway. I accept commissions for narrative portraiture creating a record of a time and place in the relationships within a family or a descriptive moment in a person’s life.
Search here for a news you missed.
- Original paintings and works of art by Johnny Camacho, Melinda Iverson, Michael Watson and Cheryl Muller
- Contemporary Jewelry by Anna Corpron of Brevity
- Nature and bird photographs, cards and bookmarks by Cindy Cage
- Two coupons for “custom beer event of your design” by Alex Wenner including 5 gallons of custom design brew, guided beer tasting or beer and food pairing, by silent auction
- Autographed copy of THE BUG ZAPPER, Tom Eaton’s comic book with T-shirt & cap
- Stationary and cards by Katie Decker McNamara of @Papercitydesign
- Autographed copies of books by best-selling author Diane Muldrow, Little Golden Books
- Original jewelry with semi-precious stones by Alice Yu
- Coupon for a custom-made and decorated child’s birthday cake by Meghan LaRoche
- Greeting cards and watercolors by Judy Hilkey of Chickweed cards.
- Fanciful accessories: unicorn horns and such by Annie Bruce of Brooklyn Owl
- Homemade quiche, chicken curry, onion tarts, pita chips, chocolate waffles, cookies and much, much more.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS! Our annual Heart for Art benefit gift sale is fast approaching (May 7th). We need works of art, photography, pottery, jewelry, culinary delights (both sweet and savory) to sell. All proceeds go to Resurrection Brooklyn’s Adoption Fund and Ethiopia ACT project. If you would like to contribute your original works of art for the sale contact Beverly Sloan for culinary arts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Hilkey (email@example.com) for contributions of arts and crafts.
Good Friday Service
Join us for a joint Good FridayService with Greenwood Baptist at Old First Reformed Church (located at 729 Carroll Street).
Easter Vigil Service
Come celebrate the First Service of Easter with a joint service with Old First at All Saints’ Episcopal Church (located at 286 7th Avenue
at 7th Street).