Sheepshead Bay is hosting a summer camp and needs gently used books for grades K-5. If you have books to donate, we will be collecting them at Resurrection Park Slope on Sunday, June 25th.
Search here for a news you missed.
- Original paintings and works of art by Johnny Camacho, Melinda Iverson, Michael Watson and Cheryl Muller
- Contemporary Jewelry by Anna Corpron of Brevity
- Nature and bird photographs, cards and bookmarks by Cindy Cage
- Two coupons for “custom beer event of your design” by Alex Wenner including 5 gallons of custom design brew, guided beer tasting or beer and food pairing, by silent auction
- Autographed copy of THE BUG ZAPPER, Tom Eaton’s comic book with T-shirt & cap
- Stationary and cards by Katie Decker McNamara of @Papercitydesign
- Autographed copies of books by best-selling author Diane Muldrow, Little Golden Books
- Original jewelry with semi-precious stones by Alice Yu
- Coupon for a custom-made and decorated child’s birthday cake by Meghan LaRoche
- Greeting cards and watercolors by Judy Hilkey of Chickweed cards.
- Fanciful accessories: unicorn horns and such by Annie Bruce of Brooklyn Owl
- Homemade quiche, chicken curry, onion tarts, pita chips, chocolate waffles, cookies and much, much more.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS! Our annual Heart for Art benefit gift sale is fast approaching (May 7th). We need works of art, photography, pottery, jewelry, culinary delights (both sweet and savory) to sell. All proceeds go to Resurrection Brooklyn’s Adoption Fund and Ethiopia ACT project. If you would like to contribute your original works of art for the sale contact Beverly Sloan for culinary arts (email@example.com) or Judy Hilkey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for contributions of arts and crafts.
Good Friday Service
Join us for a joint Good FridayService with Greenwood Baptist at Old First Reformed Church (located at 729 Carroll Street).
Easter Vigil Service
Come celebrate the First Service of Easter with a joint service with Old First at All Saints’ Episcopal Church (located at 286 7th Avenue
at 7th Street).
Safe Families is a volunteer-driven ministry with the goal of keeping kids safe and families intact. We organize vetted and trained volunteers from local churches to offer individualized support for families in
Safe Families is a volunteer-driven ministry with the goal of keeping kids safe and families intact. We organize vetted and trained volunteers from local churches to offer individualized support for families in crisis. We aim to offer a broad community of support to those in our city who may need assistance and/or have limited resources.
The parents that we serve are often overwhelmed by their circumstances and socially isolated. We want the church to become their community as we form extended family-like relationships. Our volunteers seek to empower, encourage, and strengthen families through mutually beneficial relationships. We seek to reduce foster care numbers by supporting families as we know that stress and isolation can lead to abuse and neglect.
There are a variety of volunteer roles to come alongside overwhelmed families. The roles are flexible and volunteers can offer support according to their skills, interests, and availability.
To learn more, join us at our next training that will be held on Monday, April 3rd from 7-9:30pm at 1st Baptist Church on the Upper West Side. Register at: https://nycsafefamilies.eventbrite.com. Visit our website at www.newyorkcity.safe-families.org to learn more.